Sunday, January 18, 2015

Blog Post #1

What About EDM 310?

       Some of the things I have heard about EDM 310 have not been the most pleasant and comforting. For instance, I heard that the workload was insane and that you have to put at least 9 hours into this class. I do not currently have any fears about this class.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAYQjB0&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mrgrassblog.net%2F2012%2F02%2F14%2Fdo-it-yourself-vs-the-turf-care-professional-reason-2-time-and-money%2Ftime-is-money%2F&ei=LMm5VKD6MMykgwSnhIBo&bvm=bv.83829542,d.eXY&psig=AFQjCNFg9XGC4DN4D-_IRzLMrVSf1W_FzQ&ust=1421548159674659       EDM 310 is different from other classes I have taken because it is more independent learning than the traditional classroom. EDM 310 requires you to do more than just "scratching the surface" for the to a problem. EDM 310 does not have tests like the traditional classroom setting. The traditional classroom the teacher would assign a chapter to read then test on the material you read, while in EDM 310 you will read that same chapter put it in your own meaning and put it to use (literally). EDM 310 is similar to the traditional classes I have taken because they both have assignments graded by peers. Both classes have projects and group assignments.

           
                My most difficult task for me with this class will be time management. The best way for me to address my problem with time management is to get ahead and stay ahead with my assignments.  First by setting up a schedule and staying on that schedule.  I am going start my assignments early and break them down into smaller assignments. This way I will not feel so bombarded with the assignments and deadlines. I do not have any questions at this time about EDM 310.

2 comments:

  1. I heard the relatively the same things about this class that you did. I heard it would be an immense amount of work and that the class was tedious and time consuming. Moreover, my fear for this class was that I would not be able to handle the time management aspect, just as yours was. It does concern me that with this being my first class that time management really needs to be implemented that I will fail in doing so. You brought up that you were going to split your assignments into smaller ones and work on them throughout the week and I think that that will be very effective in successfully completing the workload that we have on us for this class. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica, I also have heard the same things. But it seems to be a trend that everyone is saying as long as you stay on top of your work then you will pass... But that also involves managing your time very well and getting ahead instead of being last minute, I'm pretty guilty of the latter. Hope the semester goes well for you!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete